Seller's Roadmap

View the Map

What's My Home Worth?

Find Out Today!

For Sale by Owner

More Information

Sellers Roadmap

Real Edge Real Estate Logo

When’s the best time to sell?

While it’s true that the market shows patterns of activity on a yearly basis, the late spring and early summer months usually account for higher sales activity. Late fall and early winter usually being the lowest.

The reality though, is that homes sell year-round.

Moreover, these patterns, while they do exist, can behave erratically at times and leave even the most seasoned REALTOR® scratching their head. So while the calendar month is important to consider, the most important timing has to do with when you are actually ready to sell your house, and even more crucially when your house is ready to be sold.

Let’s look at some components of pricing:

The concept is simple; value is defined by what a buyer would willingly pay a seller, with no undue external factors, in exchange for their commodity of real estate.

However, where it gets complicated is that each value-defining transaction occurs in a vacuum and the unique factors of the exchange (buyer, seller, and consideration) will never again be identically replicated. So real estate professionals, appraisers, tax assessors, and anyone else with a stake in the game have created metrics to help understand what the value of a particular commodity of real estate most likely would be.

It’s important to understand that distinction because, until a transaction occurs, the value of a property cannot be known, and so even the most knowledgeable REALTOR® or appraiser, will, at their very best, be able to give you their opinion of the value of a described parcel of real estate.

Ultimately, there are hundreds if not thousands of combinations of attributes that can affect the value of a home positively or negatively. Throw into the mix that these dynamics are also subject to external changing factors such as market appreciation or depreciation, interest rates, proposed developments, school districts, etc., and you start to get an idea for the inherent complexities in correctly pricing a home.

real-estate-12
Santa-Clarita-home-sellers-using-Make-Me-Move-By-Zillow

Showtime!

There’s a check mark next to every item on your to-do list, you’ve agreed upon a price with your REALTOR®, and now it’s time to get the home on the market!

The good news is that, if done correctly, 90% of your job is already done. The bad news is that the other 10%, if done incorrectly, can make or break the sale.

Marketing is how we present your home to the defined target audience. That means quality pictures, strong internet presence, pro-active word-of-mouth advertising, etc.

A clean and de-cluttered master bedroom conveys serenity of mind and restfulness. A pristine lawn declares prosperity and American grit. And above all else, a pleasant aroma upon entering an unknown domicile is proven to be one of the most effective persuasive devices around.

Does any of this actually make your house more tangibly valuable or desirable? None of it! Do it anyways, don’t make the mistake of spending countless hours and thousands of dollars preparing your home for the market, pricing it competitively, and then forget to clear the dirty dishes out of the sink before it’s shown.

You are entrusting one of your most valuable assets to a person who is required to have less formal education than that of your local esthetician. Your options, I guarantee you, are not limited (statistics have proven that if you throw a rock in this town there is a 65% chance that it will strike a REALTOR®).

Oftentimes the best decision IS to go with who you know. But, just like you wouldn’t get tax advice from someone dressed as the Statue of Liberty, it’s important to consult a professional.

Ask tough questions. Check references. Interview more than one of us. The way I see it, if I can’t earn your business over my competitors, I don’t deserve it.

So go forth, dear seller, with confidence, because now you know what it REALLY takes to sell a home. Better yet, call me and let’s do it together.

Real Edge Real Estate Logo Medium
+ Timing
Real Edge Real Estate Logo

When’s the best time to sell?

While it’s true that the market shows patterns of activity on a yearly basis, the late spring and early summer months usually account for higher sales activity. Late fall and early winter usually being the lowest.

The reality though, is that homes sell year-round.

Moreover, these patterns, while they do exist, can behave erratically at times and leave even the most seasoned REALTOR® scratching their head. So while the calendar month is important to consider, the most important timing has to do with when you are actually ready to sell your house, and even more crucially when your house is ready to be sold.

+ Pricing

Let’s look at some components of pricing:

The concept is simple; value is defined by what a buyer would willingly pay a seller, with no undue external factors, in exchange for their commodity of real estate.

However, where it gets complicated is that each value-defining transaction occurs in a vacuum and the unique factors of the exchange (buyer, seller, and consideration) will never again be identically replicated. So real estate professionals, appraisers, tax assessors, and anyone else with a stake in the game have created metrics to help understand what the value of a particular commodity of real estate most likely would be.

It’s important to understand that distinction because, until a transaction occurs, the value of a property cannot be known, and so even the most knowledgeable REALTOR® or appraiser, will, at their very best, be able to give you their opinion of the value of a described parcel of real estate.

Ultimately, there are hundreds if not thousands of combinations of attributes that can affect the value of a home positively or negatively. Throw into the mix that these dynamics are also subject to external changing factors such as market appreciation or depreciation, interest rates, proposed developments, school districts, etc., and you start to get an idea for the inherent complexities in correctly pricing a home.

real-estate-12
+ Marketing
Santa-Clarita-home-sellers-using-Make-Me-Move-By-Zillow

Showtime!

There’s a check mark next to every item on your to-do list, you’ve agreed upon a price with your REALTOR®, and now it’s time to get the home on the market!

The good news is that, if done correctly, 90% of your job is already done. The bad news is that the other 10%, if done incorrectly, can make or break the sale.

Marketing is how we present your home to the defined target audience. That means quality pictures, strong internet presence, pro-active word-of-mouth advertising, etc.

A clean and de-cluttered master bedroom conveys serenity of mind and restfulness. A pristine lawn declares prosperity and American grit. And above all else, a pleasant aroma upon entering an unknown domicile is proven to be one of the most effective persuasive devices around.

Does any of this actually make your house more tangibly valuable or desirable? None of it! Do it anyways, don’t make the mistake of spending countless hours and thousands of dollars preparing your home for the market, pricing it competitively, and then forget to clear the dirty dishes out of the sink before it’s shown.

+ Representation

You are entrusting one of your most valuable assets to a person who is required to have less formal education than that of your local esthetician. Your options, I guarantee you, are not limited (statistics have proven that if you throw a rock in this town there is a 65% chance that it will strike a REALTOR®).

Oftentimes the best decision IS to go with who you know. But, just like you wouldn’t get tax advice from someone dressed as the Statue of Liberty, it’s important to consult a professional.

Ask tough questions. Check references. Interview more than one of us. The way I see it, if I can’t earn your business over my competitors, I don’t deserve it.

So go forth, dear seller, with confidence, because now you know what it REALLY takes to sell a home. Better yet, call me and let’s do it together.

Real Edge Real Estate Logo Medium

Let’s Sell Your Home, Together!

What’s my Home Worth?

To receive a market analysis estimating your home’s value, fill in the form below to receive a free valuation courtesy of one of our agents.

Ready to Sell Your Home?

For Sale by Owner

So you’ve decided that you’re going to strike out on your own to sell your most valuable asset in a volatile market with dozens of practical, not to mention legal pitfalls awaiting you, all in order to cut out the commission. Good for you! Here are a few facts that you might want to know before you get too far into it:

  • Buyers perceive FSBO homes as ‘outside the norm’ and oftentimes consider it an opportunity to get a deal or obtain unconventional (owner assisted) financing.
  • NAR statistics show the average sales price of FSBO homes to be 20% lower than agent-assisted sales for the year of 2013.
  • FSBO sales accounted for less than 10% of all home sales for 2013
  • 90% of FSBO attempts result in the owner ultimately listing the home with an agent
Real Edge Real Estate Logo

While it is entirely understandable that nobody wants to pay for a service when you can do the same yourself for free, before you get into it realize that if you are able to beat the odds, find a buyer who is qualified, and successfully close on you’re home without formal representation, you are still only getting eighty cents to the dollar.

We at Real Edge call this a No-Brainer.

Want to Sell Your Own Home? We Can Still Help!

RealEdge has created a free packet of information and paperwork that can help you try and sell your own home.